Plitron is a leader in the industry, manufacturing high quality parts since 1983. Our Quality Management System is registered to the ISO 9001:2008 standard.
Our Registrar, QMI – SAI Global, are North America’s leading management systems registrar and they are committed to helping their clients use the registration process to make real and lasting improvements in their business.
The Quality Policy “Utilizing continuous improvement methodologies, such as Lean, Plitron is committed to meeting or exceeding our Customer’s expectations” has been published and communicated to the whole team, to ensure that every member is totally committed to establishing objectives for key aspects of service, delivery, and quality.
SAFETY AGENCY APPROVALS
Plitron works closely with safety agencies to ensure all products meet applicable standards.
Plitron products are approved to the following UL, CSA, and IEC standards:
- Toroidal transformer construction: UL506, UL1411, CSA 22.2 No 66-1988
- Medical transformers and power isolation units: UL 60601-1 (IEC Standard), CSA 601.1
- CE & RoHS compliant
- In Ontario, ESA
Plitron can assist our customers to obtain approvals for transformers and assemblies used in their products.
Plitron aims to ensure that the needs of our customers are clearly understood and met through close liaison at all stages of the process.All work is conducted to a high professional standard with technical and commercial integrity.
Plitron will ensure in providing and maintaining its service to its customers that:
- the quality policy is upheld and supported at all levels throughout the company;
- staff responsibilities and duties are clearly identified;
- staff are appropriately trained to enable them to undertake their tasks and given appropriate authority within the scope of their responsibilities;
- sufficient resources are provided to facilitate the work;
- quality plans are applied in the design stage of all projects;
- all appropriate documentation is maintained, controlled and archived;
- internal process audits, and reviews for new products at the pre-production stage are undertaken to ensure that standards are maintained and opportunities for improvements sought.
- Root cause analysis and effective Corrective action is used as a quality tool to enhance and drive continuous improvement throughout the company.
- Managing and reducing risk, achieving compliance, improved supplier relationships, and driving business improvement, enhances service and product quality.
- Implementation of Lean methodologies is driving process improvements, resulting in less waste (time and materials), increased productivity, increased efficiency, enhanced quality, which results in cost savings that are shared with our Customers.